Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jem's Infinite Playlist

Here's some more (lots of Garbage, literally, not figuratively, wish I could say that more often):

NIN - Eraser (Polite) from Further Down the Spiral
The Ataris - Choices from Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits
Jewel - Love Me Just Leave Me Alone from This Way
Live - She from Birds of Pray
Garbage - Stupid Girl from Stupid Girl [7" LP] [UK] [Red]
Garbage - Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!) (Roger Sanchez Tha S-Man’s Release Mix) from Cherry Lips (Remixes) [UK Promo]
Avril Lavigne - He Wasn't from Under My Skin
Bush - Greedy Fly from Razorblade Suitcase
Garbage - Breaking Up the Girl (Acoustic) from Breaking Up the Girl (Remixes) [UK Promo]
Kings of Leon - California Waiting from Holy Roller Novocaine [EP]
Portishead - Glory Box (Mudflap Mix) from Melody Nelson

Not a very good job on iTunes part. I love Garbage, but aside from the Stupid Girl remix the others were pretty terrible.

I admit there are parts of Avril Lavigne I like which is why it is in my mix, but this song is fucking horrible.

I mean, come on, Throwing Copper was so good I downloaded the whole discography, but still have yet to find anything even close to the greatness that was this one album by Live. There are a few gems, but nothing that shall ever seem to survive the greatness of that one album.

The Glorybox remix wasn't nearly as good as the original. A lot of drowning happening with the vocals.

The Ataris, NIN, Kings of Leon, Jewel and Bush are always hit or miss. Most of these were misses. Actually, the Jewel tune wasn't too bad. Neither was Kings of Leon, but I just don't understand the revelation of this band. I either haven't found the thing that makes everyone shit themselves over them. Maybe someday.

Until then, I'll keep hitting random on the iTunes button.

No comments:

Post a Comment